Saturday, January 2, 2010

There Once Was A Creature



Happy New Year!

Now that OhTen is upon us, we figured that it was finally time to give the Werewhale story it's due. It's a project that was born on a midnight summers stroll way back in 2008 - my, we were such children then. Then, last year we started developing stories and characters and hoped to get some pages done in time for Con.

This year, though, we intend to finish the story. We're going to tell a bunch of mini short stories featuring the werewhale, where we each illustrate half the book. If everything goes according to plan, we'll print in time for San Diego this year.

So to start things off, here's my take of The Captain character. (Sure, I've designed him last year, but I wanted to do a new take on it. - Additionally since I handle the flashback part, I'm going to do his younger self as well.) My plan is to do all the character concepts this month, and the start drawing pages in February.

-j.

So

No comments: